Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26th, 2014: Poetry Has No Other Place

Seeing as I don't have many places to store my poetry, I might just turn this into another poetry blog. Maybe. Until I decide, I have a poem. Who would've guessed.

There was a letter I left awhile back
In my best penmanship, I wrote to you
Of times we lost, yet it seems I still lack
The words to say what I had once meant to.
For I may not know myself much these days
The hours now linger in empty space.
I’m afraid I’m left with nothing to say
The person I was no more has a face.
And I am but a follower to him,
In my fear, I lost, and now am alone
I never even spread myself too thin,
Yet there was still so much I didn't know. 
Be resentful, dear friend; I deserve this.
I would beseech your forgiveness had I
Earned it; no, I am not one to be missed.
I’m sorry; there is no room here to lie. 
And so I shall arise from this shadow
Of the person who deserves his freedom,
From the girl who couldn't just let him go
Or let her fears chase around her demons. 
I let my vices take over my life;
My days are no longer my own to call.
Living vicariously through one’s strife
Is scarcely being alive, after all. 
Though virtue is forlorn, it still remains
Beneath the folds of doubt, folly and fear
Nothing lasts, but subtleties stay the same.
When the vices let go, the end is near. 
This side of me is a stranger, perhaps
But one that I have known and understood.
One who knows there is better than mishaps.
To find that person, who knows if I could. 
The journey is for ever perilous,
Full of anxieties from my own past
May my efforts not be made careless
And may my promise prove that I’ll last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment